Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Stuff and such

The Union Hall called D yesterday.. and as of today he's working again. Thank the gods. The hours are pretty insane... looks like a lot of 12 hour days and Saturdays.. and being on call... but I'll get my Sunday with him and we'll cope with the rest. The overtime will certainly refill our bank account quickly, which will help.

D's mom is out of town so we're watching her house and taking care of her plants. She planted WAY too many tomatoes and as they're coming ripe and she isn't due home until next month (long cruise around the Med.. gods I'm jealous) I now have a lot of tomatoes. Guess I'll be making some sauces to freeze. Ohhh the excitement that is my life.

We were supposed to hit up a munch on Sunday but with the job and some other life stuff that has come up, it looks like I'll be missing both that and the beltane picnic at the pagan church. Meh. (A close friend of D's ... his life partner died.. funeral this weekend.. can't really skip that for a picnic.)

On the other side of things........... D's girlfriend is getting some harsh lessons on what happens when you'd rather be the other chick.. instead of taking things as a group relationship from the start. Because she's totally separate from me and not 'part of the family' she doesn't come over to hang out. With D's new job and only one day free.. that day is mine. He won't hang with her when he needs to work the next day. Kinda sucks for her. Though, honestly, with all the bullshit and the chick drama I've had to deal with (yeah, theres a lot I havent been posting.. sorry guys) I'm kind of happy to have him be mine mine all mine for a while. I need the break.

Lifestyle........... I've been asked to write a piece for a Gorean paper. I'm still working on it. I'll probably post it here when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment